Asus Transformer Prime users who want to try the various custom ROM’s and kernels for their device will need to install ClockworkMod Recovery onto their device. Moreover, the custom recovery will help you to backup your important data’s on the tablet and restore the same later whenever you want. There are descent numbers of custom ROM’s available for your Transformer Prime. Installing CWM recovery will give you additional benefits, further whenever you feel like backing up your presently running ROM or any kernel you can simply seek help from the ClockworkMod Recovery installed onto your Asus Transformer Prime.
Head below carefully to learn how you can flash ClockworkMod Recovery on your Asus Transformer Prime. We have summed up the procedure in simple methods and steps.
Warning: Installing CWM Recovery on a device needs root access of it which voids its warranty. Therefore, please understand carefully what you are proceeding with and then proceed.
- The methods and steps discussed in this article should only be implemented on Asus Transformer Prime. Trying this article on any device or any other model of Asus may produce un-foreseen situations.
- Please charge your device so that there at least 70% charge with, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all valuable data’s on your device, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Asus Transformer Prime from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Asus Transformer Prime:
Step1: Reboot your tablet so as to enter it in Bootloader Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON.
Step2: Now, connect your tablet to the PC via original USB i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step3: Open command prompt window and type the commands that follows: (Replace recovery.img file with the actual recovery image file.)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step4: As soon as the installation process has finished, again type the commands that follows:
Step5: Your tablet will automatically reboot.
That’s it; you’ve successfully installed CWM recovery on your Asus Transformer Prime tablet. Share your joy with us or let us know your difficulties, we will try to find a solution for the same.