Galaxy Y is a great budget device and now there is a new ICS look alike ROM for it. Although, this ROM is not based on Android 4.0.3 IceCream Sandwich but it looks like it. This is designed and developed by a XDA developer member, who has clearly mentioned that this ROM is a De0dexed version of Android Gingerbread update DXKL2. He is testing it on latest firmware DDKK1 and the update will be soon launched. He has added ICS And MIUI like user interface into the firmware to make it look awesome. Check out the screenshots below to have a clear look. You can easily install ICS Aura ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y, just follow the below procedure.
Update ICS Aura V2 ROM for Galaxy Y: ICS Aura V2 is out and now based on Android 2.3.6 DXKL2 update. Developer has deodexed, zipaligned and tweaked the ROM to make it fast and responsive. He has also added DSP manager, MIUI music player, HTC G2 touch clock, sense Digital weather clock, sliding app drawer and many latest features. He has packed the ROM in an easy to flash zip file. You just need to have CWM recovery on your Galaxy Y and then you can enjoy the ROM.
Pre – Requisite:
- You will need to root your Samsung Galaxy Y and install custom CWM recovery on it.
- It will be better if you are creating a backup for your Samsung device before installing a new ROM in your device. It is actually a good habit because you may don’t want to lose any important data of your phone. Data you should take backup include are SMS, call logs, contacts, emails, APN, important apps, images, audios and videos. Also take the backup of your current ROM.
- Your device must be charged to 60% or more, just to ensure that it won’t turn off during the installation.
- Enable your USB debugging. To do so, you need to follow the path ‘Settings >Applications > Development > USB Debugging’ and check the USB debugging option.
- Then, go ahead to remove Anti-Virus or Firewall to avoid all types of security issue during installation process.
How to install ICS Aura ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y:
Step 1. First connect your device with your Computer via original USB cable and transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of the SD card.
Step 2. After the completion of coping process, disconnect the phone from your Computer and turn it off.
Step 3. Now, reboot your device into ClockworkMod recovery by holding Power button, Volume Up button and Home button for few seconds.
Step 4. When you get into the recovery mode, select the wipe option by selecting ‘wipe data / factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’. Also, on the main Recovery menu, select Advance option to select ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
Step 5. Now, select ‘install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card’ under ‘Backup and Restore’ option to select the downloaded zip file from the list. Then, you need to confirm your installation by saying ‘Yes’ to the process. This process may take 7-10 minutes to complete.
Step 6. Then, select ‘+++Go back+++’ to move back to main menu and select ‘Reboot system now’.
Now, you are free to enjoy the new ICS Aura ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Y. If you face any problem then you can ask here or on XDA developer thread.