Once you root your HTC Explorer then there are many custom ROM options available. Many users asked about installing ICS on Explorer and thus we searched for the best ICS custom ROM for HTC Explorer. We found that a XDA developers forum senior member has developed a CM9 based ICS ROM but it has some minor bugs based on CM9 porting but the ROM is working fine. Issues are with Camera video recording and YouTube HD videos.
Warning: Neither Tips for Droid nor the developer will hold any responsibility if you damage or brick your phone in the process of following this article. Please read the article carefully while following it.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be implemented on HTC Explorer (Pico). Please do not try this article on any other device or any other variant of HTC.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked before proceeding with this article. As well as ClockworkMod Recovery is installed and it is Rooted as well.
- Please charge your device so that there at least 70% charge with, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all valuable data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC Explorer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to Install Android 4.0.4 ICS on HTC Explorer with CM9 Custom ROM Firmware:
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Bootloader Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON.
Step2: Now, follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select Bootloader and then go to Recovery.
Step3: Now, from the main recovery menu first of all wipe data. Then select “Install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the ICS ROM file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step4: After the ROM has been installed, flash the Google Apps package in the same manner as you’ve flashed the ROM file in the previous step.
Step5: When the installation of he Google Apps Package has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Step6: First time rebooting after installation may take 5 minutes or more so just chill.
Hurray! You’ve successfully installed ICS Android 4.0.4 CM9 ROM on your HTC Explorer (Pico). Do let us know if you have any doubts and queries, we here to help you always.