Is the yellow warning triangle making you annoyed? This is the case with many Samsung Android device owners, every time they boot up their phone they come across this warning triangle.
Well, this problem can be solved permanently i.e. you can get rid of it forever. Also, if you are searching methods to reset flash counter to regain warranty, then you have been directed to the right place. We have summed up a complete tutorial which will solve two of problems with a simple method.
The perfect definition of this problem according to XDA Chainfire is:
“Samsung devices store a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed custom firmwares to your device. On some devices, a yellow triangle or other sort of visual warning is also displayed during boot if you are running a custom firmware.”
By now you must have got the clear idea what we are talking about, isn’t it?
Ok, then let’s proceed with the simple method of resetting your flash counter. This way you will be able to reclaim the void warranty and can also disable the yellow warning triangle.
How to Reset Flash Counter:
First of all, boot your device so as to enter it in Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON.
Resetting the flash counter will be carried out by an app called, Triangle Away and to install this app on your device, it should be rooted. Just in case, your device is not rooted, then root it first.
The Triangle Away App Works and is Supported by the Following Devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300T
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N8000 10.1″ 3G
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N801x 10.1″ Wi-Fi
- Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon
- Samsung Galaxy S3 T-Mobile
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Canadia
- Samsung Galaxy S3 US Cellular
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P310x 7″ 3G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P311x 7″ Wi-Fi
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P510x 10.1″ 3G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P511x 10.1″ Wi-Fi
(Other related models are also supported depending on the firmware, but only the exact model numbers that are listed above are supported irrespective of the firmware version.)
Warning: Your device might get bricked on using the Triangle Away App. So, please proceed at your own risk.
- In case you are confused regarding the compatibility then you need not worry, as when you install the app in your device, it will show “Reset flash counter” option and binary information under “Current status”.
- In some the devices the Triangle Away App will not normally so when you select the “reset flash counter” option it will reboot your device in a special boot mode where you can reset the flash counter value.
How to Use Triangle Away App:
Step 1: First of all, download and install the Triangle Away App [Play Store Link] from here on your device.
Step 2: Open up the Triangle Away App from your app drawer. If you see the Super user prompt, select “Allow” for granting the same.
Step 3: When the app has opened up, under Flash Counter, check the current status and also ensure it is displaying the correct information i.e. flash counter and device name.
(Please check the flash counter manually)
Step 4: Now, select the “Reset Flash Counter” button from the app, it is the second last option in the app.
Step 5: Just read the warning carefully and then select “Continue” to begin the process.
Soon the counter will be reset. That’s it! You have completed the process successfully. Let us know if you have any doubts, we will try to help you out.