APN are important data to access internet, although modern Android devices come up with features like configuring APN automatically. But if you are using multiple phone connections and keep swapping then it is better to backup your APN settings. We also recommend our readers to Backup and restore APN and other important settings before a Wipe/factory reset, rooting your phone or installing custom Firmware. We have created a detailed Guide to take your through the procedure of Backing up and restoring APN using APN backup-restore apps available on Play store for Free. APN Backup and recovery apps is developed by a Indian coder Ritesh Sahu so all credits to him.
- Please ensure that your phone should not be running on Android ICS.
- You need to download the APN Backup and Restore app by clicking here.
- After completing the download, install it on your device.
How to Backup and Restore APN picture Guide:
How to Backup APN settings on Android using APN recovery and restore app:
- Now, tap the App icon from the menu to launch it.
- When you get into the main screen of the App, select Backup APNs option.
- Then, you need to enter the name for the backup file and then tap the OK button.
- After the completion of the backup process, you will find a message on a screen with a Close button at the bottom. Tap on that button.
Now, you have successfully backed up the APNs on your Android Phone. The next process is about restoring APNs on your Android Phone.
How to restore APN on Android using APN recovery and restore app
- First launch the app on your device from the menu.
- Then, choose Restore APNs option from the main interface of the app.
- Whatever backup you had made will; be showing on the screen. Then, select anyone of them and tap on ‘OK’ button.
- Then, the message will display whether you want to run a duplicate APN test or not. Say ‘Yes’ to the message.
- On the completion of the restore process, you will find a successful message on your device screen. Tap on Close button to finish the restore process.
Now, you have successfully restored the APNs backup on your Android Phone.
To Guide you further in detailed check out the Video Tutorial below: