Sony Xperia S is a great Android Smartphone, it is a real rival of flagship phones like Samsung Galaxy SIII and HTC One X. Recently, Sony has released an ICS update for this phone. Official ICS 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware brings many bugs fixes and features. The new firmware is stable and tweaked for battery efficiency. If you have already rooted your Xperia S and looking forward to install this firmware and let me tell you that this will automatically unroot your device. We have created a detailed tutorial that will guide you through the procedure of updating to ICS firmware and then rooting the device.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible or liable for any damages caused to your phone on following the below mentioned methods and procedures. This article is only meant for educational and instructional purpose.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be applied on Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- Make sure that there is at least &0% or more charge with your device, to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all essential data’s on your phone, as these may be lost during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Sony Xperia S LT26i from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware FTF Package, Official Flash Tool, Nazomi Recovery Image, Super User and Kernel from here to your computer. Extract all the files and place the extracted .ftf file in the path “C:/Drive > flashtool > firmwares>” also place the extracted Nazomi Recovery Image and Super User in the “tools” or “platform-tools” folder in your computer. Also place the Kernel
Procedure to root and Update Sony Xperia S LT26i with Official ICS 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware:
Step1: Open flash tool in your computer, click on the “File option” then select “Flash mode” on the left side in the opened flash tool to click on “OK” and enable the options which are mentioned below as you need to enable Wipe User Data and also Wipe Cache.
Step2: Now, select “Ok” and then flash tool will prepare the ROM, just follow the on-screen instructions. As soon as its connected, the flash tool will be installing the official Stock Gingerbread firmware in your Sony Xperia S. Diconnect your phone from the PC and reboot your phone.
Step3: Once again, connect your phone to the PC and open the command prompt window.
Step4: Type the command mentioned below:
fastboot flash boot recovery-nozomi.img
Step5: Now, boot the device into Recovery Mode and flash the Super User from the SD card you’ve placed and flash the kernel. Open the the FTF file with 7 Zip or similar software and extract the kernel.sin, or download from attachment. Now, type the below mentioned command in the windows terminal:
fastboot flash boot kernel.sin
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted and Updated Sony Xperia S LT26i with Official ICS 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware. Share with us if you face any problem, we will try to resolve the same by the best possible way out.