Asus Transformer Prime TF101 and TF201 were great Android powered Tablet. The latest Asus Tranformer Infinity is a blast as it has already defeated iPad in Benchmark tests. We are going to tell you about how you can root Tranformer Prime Tablet TF101 and TF201 easily. We have easy to follow tutorial that will Guide you through the procedure:
Warning: This article is meant for educational and instructional purpose only. Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for any damage caused to your phone on following the methods and steps mentioned in this article.
- This article is only for the users own Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Tablet TF101 and TF201 models. Check your device’s model in Settings >> About Tablet.
- Please ensure that your Asus Tablet TF101 model must be version 18.104.22.168 or earlier. The other Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 must be firmware version 22.214.171.124 or earlier. If your TF201 model is loaded with latest firmware version 126.96.36.199, then this rooting procedure will not work on your device.
- Charge your device so that there is at least 70% or more charge with it, so that you don’t have to face a Power interruption during the process.
- Please backup all essential data’s on your phone, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Tablet from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the SparkyRoot apk app from here to your tablet directly.
Procedure to Root Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Tablet on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware:
Step1: Install the Sparky Root app package on your Tablet, follow the on-screen instructions that will follow after you select the downloaded file from your tablet.
Step2: Now, tap through the exploit for moving the files, and replacing the busybox files.
Step3: Open the Asus app Backup tool and then create backup for security purposes, you can skip the steps if you want and move ahead with the installation process.
Step4: When the installation has successfully completed, select “install SuperUser” to install the Super User App in your tablet. Now, select the “cleanup” to remove all the unwanted apps from your tablet and to revert the busybox.
Procedure to Unroot Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Tablet on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware:
Step1: Unrooting Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Tablet involves the same file instructed above to download.
Step2: Launch the app and you can see the Unroot button on the left side, just click on it to continue the process. It will unroot and also remove SuperUser app and busybox.
Hope the above procedure has helped you in every aspect. Share if you face any problem, we will try our best to solve the same.