Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is one of the most updated Android Tablet available in the market. It features Android 4.0 IceCream sandwich the latest OS build with high end hardware configuration. We have created a easy tutorial to guide you through the procedure or rooting and installing Custom recovery CWM on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. We have already told you about the rooting Guide for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 but some of readers requested a tutorial for Tab 2 10.1 and we are here.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer will hold any responsibility if you damage your phone on going through the below mentioned methods and steps. Users should also understand that rooting of their device will void its warranty. Therefore, proceed at your own risk.
- The below guide is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113/ 5100/ 5110. Apart from the versions specified these methods should not be tried on any other device or any other model of Samsung.
- Before proceeding you should ensure that there is at least 70% or more charge with their device, to ensure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- Please backup all your essential data’s on the phone, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
- You should disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113/ 5100/ 5110 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download, first of all Samsung KIES and install it on your PC if you don’t have it. Now, download Odin3-v1.85_3.zip, recovery.tar.md5 and cwm-root-gtab2.zip from here to your computer. Extract all the files and place “cwm-root-gtab2a.zip” file to the root directory of your device’s external SD card.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113/ 5100/ 5110:
Step1: Open Odin and reboot your tablet so as to enter it in Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons together for few seconds. When you see the wording with yellow triangle, press Volume down button to enter in to Download Mode.
Step2: Samsung KIES should be closed, means it should not be running. Now, connect your tablet to the PC and then you will see that the ID: COM section in Odin has turned Yellow.
Step3: Now, click on “PDA” button and choose the “recovery.tar.md5” file you’ve downloaded and extracted on your PC. Click on “Start” to begin the installation process.
Step4: After the installation process has completed, the box in Odin turns “Green” and the tablet will reboot. Then, disconnect your tablet from the PC.
Step5: Once again reboot your tablet, this time to enter it into the ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons together for few seconds. When you see you Samsung Tab 2 10.1 logo release the Power button but continue holding the Volume button for few more seconds until you enter in the CWM Recovery Mode menu.
Step6: Now, from the CWM Recovery menu select “install zip from sdcard” and then choose the “cwm-root-gtab2.zip” file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step7: The rooting process will start and end up in few minutes, then select “reboot system now” from the CWM menu to reboot your system.
Step8: You tablet is now rooted; you might need to manually install SuperUser and disable SuperSU before installing all the Apps which need root access.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113/ 5100/ 5110. Let us know if you have some issue, we will try to resolve them.