Motorola Droid 4 has got the latest Android 4.0.4 update like Droid Razr. Now, if you have updated to latest firmware without using Voodoo root keeper then you must have unrooted your device unknowingly. If you want to root Droid 4 on Android 4.0.4 IceCream sandwich update then you should follow the below explained guide:
Motorola Droid 4 XT894 is one of the phone that flaunts the physical QWERTY Keypad. Recently, Motorola has released a Android 4.0 Android ICS update for Droid 4. Most of the users who were rooted lost the root access and thus we are here with a new guide to root Motorola Droid 4 on Android ICS. This is a very easy procedure to root as OneClick executable file is build by developer. You just need to have a unlocked bootloader and then you can use the root tool mentioned below. There are some cool custom ROM available for Motorola Droid 4 on XDA forum and RootzWiki.
Warning: Be careful while following the methods and procedures mentioned in this article as you will root your phone and you that rooting voids warranty. Therefore, proceed at your own risk.
- This article is only for the users who own Motorola Droid 4 (XT894). Trying the methods and steps mentioned in this article on any other device or any other model of Motorola may damage the device.
- Please ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the Root Exploit file from here to your computer also check whether you have all necessary drivers for your mobile or not if not then download and install them all too from here. Extract the downloaded Root Exploit file on your PC.
Procedure to Root Motorola Droid 4(XT894) Android 4.0.4:
Step1: First of all, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it. Establish connection to your PC in Camera Mode.
Step2: Now, double-click on “rootscript.bat” from the downloaded and extracted files from your computer.
Step3: Follow the on-screen instructions that follows to execute the root script.
Step4: As soon the process completes, your phone will automatically reboot and land into rooted ICS.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) Android phone. Share your difficulties with us, we will try to find a solution for the same.