AT&T launched LG Thrill 4G in August 2011, this was a Dual Core processor equipped Smartphone with Android Froyo and updated to Gingerbread few weeks ago. If you are willing to install latest Android ICS 4.0 on Thrill 4G then you will need to install custom ROM which requires rooting your device. Rooting also gives access to many other features like you can backup all apps with cache and data using Titanium Backup. We have created a detailed Tutorial to root LG Thrill 4G on Gingerbread.
Warning: Rooting of device voids its warranty. Ever if you need to reclaim its warranty you will have to apply the Stock Firmware or Unroot it. Also, in the process of following this article you damage your phone, the liability won’t be ours or the developer’s. Therefore, you should proceed keeping all these in mind.
- This article is only for the users who own LG Thrill 4G Smartphone. The methods and steps mentioned in this article should not be tried on any other device or any other model of LG.
- You should charge your device so that at least 70% charge is there with it, to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- It’s essential to backup all important data’s on your phone, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your LG Thrill 4G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Download the LG ADB Drivers and Rooting Package from here to your computer. Extract both the files and place them on the desktop of your PC for convenience.
Procedure to Root LG Thrill 4G Android Smartphone:
Step1: Firstly, install the LG ADB Drivers on your PC which you have downloaded, extracted and placed on your desktop.
Step2: Now, connect your phone to the PC via Original USB cable i.e. the on one that came with it.
Step3: From the files you’ve extracted and placed on your desktop, double-click on “run.bat” file to start the rooting procedure of your phone.
Step4: The rooting process will start and complete in few minutes, after that simply disconnect your phone from the PC and enjoy your rooted phone.
You can now install all featured Custom ROM and Apps in it, as you have the SuperUser access to it.
That’s it; you have successfully rooted your LG Thrill 4G Android Smartphone. Share your joy with us or any other query occurred while installation process, we will try to find a perfect solution for the same and help you in all other aspects possible.