Samsung Galaxy SIII has been already rooted and there are many custom ROMs available. Now, Android has launched Jelly Bean and Samsung has already told that Galaxy S3 will be the first device to get Jellybean update. If you have installed any custom ROM and want the Jellybean update then you will have to install Stock firmware or wait until any Jellybean based custom ROM arrives. We are here providing a detailed guide on how you can revert to stock firmware to get ready for the Jelly Bean Android 4.1 update.
Warning: This article is meant for educational and instructional purpose. Neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages caused to your phone in the process of following this article.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 and I9300T.
- Charge your device so that there is at least 70% or more charge with your device, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 or I9300T from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the XXLAF2 Firmware for Galaxy S3 I9300 or the TDUALF2 Firmware for Galaxy S3 I9300T from here to your computer. Extract the required package according to SGS3 version.
Procedure to Restore Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with XXLAF2 and Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300T with TDUALF2 Firmware:
Step1: Install Odin on your computer, open it and Reboot your respective Galaxy S3 to enter it in Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for few seconds until the screen turns. Then press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
Step2: Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it. The ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow on successful connection of your respective device.
Step3: Click on “PDA” button from Odin and choose the respective extracted file you have downloaded earlier accordingly i.e. for I9300 version choose “I9300XXALF2_I9300ODDALF1_I9300DDLEA_HOME.tar.md5” file and for I9300T version choose “I9300TDUALF2_I9300TTHLALE3_I9300TDULF2_HOME.tar.md5” file.
Step4: Now, click on “Start” to begin the installation process. When the flashing is complete and is successful, you’ll get a PASS message (with green background) in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin, and the phone will automatically reboot and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable.
Step5: If your phone gets stuck at the Samsung logo, do the following:
- Firstly, power of the phone (by removing battery and reinserting it) Boot into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Home + Volume Up + Power buttons together.
- Now, from the Recovery menu choose “Wipe data/Factory Reset” and select “Yes” to confirm your action.
- Next, select “Wipe Cache” and again select “Yes” to confirm your action.
- Now, select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully restored your respective phone and the respective firmware according to the version of your phone. Share with us if have any issue, we are here to help to by the best possible way out.