Sprint released HTC Evo 4G to attract some high end customers who are willing to pay good for high speed internet on a Android device that has a fluid HTC sense interface and enough power to handle some mobile computing. Evo 4G lacks battery juice when you need to surf on 4G for more than a hour. Viper ROM is custom ROM that is applicable to Evo 4G after rooting and tweaked to provide better battery performance. It has some tweaks and codes that control CPU and few connectivity features to provide better battery life.
Update: ViperROM has already released the version eLite v1.2.1 and added multiple new features like Advanced power menu, Tweaked system, Power saving 3G mode and much more things. Most of the bugs reported by users have been fixed and Viper has become one of the best ROM for HTC Evo 4G. There are many new ROM released for Evo4G but we are still waiting for a stable Jelly Bean build.
Warning/Alert: Installing a custom ROM needs root access of your device, which is liable to void warranty. Neither Tips4Droid nor the developer should any responsibility for any damage caused to your phone, it’s your decision whether to proceed with this article or not.
- The methods and procedures discussed in this article for Custom ROM installation should only applied on HTC Evo 4G LTE.
- Please ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, in order to reduce the chances of Power interruption during the process.
- It’s essential to backup all data’s on your phone; to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC Evo 4G LTE from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download Viper ROM eLite from here to your computer, extract it and place it in the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to Install Viper ROM eLite on Rooted HTC Evo 4G LTE:
- Reboot your phone so as to enter in to Bootloader Mode. To do so, Press the Volume Down + Power buttons together until you reach the white Bootloader Menu screen.
- In the Bootloader Menu, select “Recovery”, use Volume Down and Volume Up to move and Power button to confirm your selection.
- Now, manually Wipe cache, dalvik-cache and factory reset (wipe/data). To do so, tap on the “Wipe” button.
- Now, click on “Install” and choose the extracted zip you’ve placed on the SD card. If you don’t see the file, make sure that either internal_sdcard or sdcard is mounted. If not, then it can be done via “Mount” button located at the main menu of TWRP, here either internal_sdcard or sdcard is checked.
- When the installation has completed, tap on “Reboot to system” to reboot your system.
That’s it you have successfully installed Viper ROM eLite on your HTC Evo 4G LTE. This ROM is claimed to the Best Battery Life ROM, check whether it is correct or not. Let us know if you face any problem, we will help you out from the same.