HTC Evo 4G is another great device on Sprint network. Once you root HTC Evo 4G LTE you can install Custom ROM. There are many nice custom ROMs available for HTC Evo 4G LTE that are worthy enough for a try. Here we are going to tell you about one of the best ROM for Evo 4G – FreEvo LTE ROM. FreEvo ROM is build on stock Evo 4G firmware 1.13.651.1 Android 4.0.3. Bloatware have been removed, HTC sense UI has been ripped, Hybrid Deodexed and ZIpaligned to provide blazing speed and fluid performance. Apex Launcher is pre installed. A special tweak that scales CPU performance based on battery life extends the running time. We have created a detailed guide about how you can install the ROM on your Evo 4G:
Warning: Carefully follow the below mentioned methods and steps, Neither Tips4Droid nor the developer would be liable for any damage caused to your phone while following the below steps. The procedure discussed herein is only for educational and instructional purpose.
- The methods and steps discussed below are only for the users who own HTC Evo 4G LTE. They should not be applied to any other device or any other model HTC.
- Please charge your phone so that at least 70% or more charge is there with it, to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- Backup all necessary data’s on your phone, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC Evo 4G LTE from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download freEVO LTE ROM from here to your computer. Extract the same and place it in the Root directory of the SD card.
Procedure to Install freEVO LTE ROM on Rooted HTC Evo 4G LTE:
Step1: Reboot your phone into Bootloader Mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step2: Now, select “Recovery” from the Bootloader Menu, to enter in to Recovery Mode,
Step3: Further, select “Wipe” button to manually Wipe, Dalvik-cache and Factory reset.
Step4: Now, click on “Install” and choose the zip you’ve placed on the SD card. The installation process will begin.
Step5: Wait until the installation process completes, then select “Reboot to sytem” to reboot your phone and land into the newly installed freEVO LTE ROM.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed freEVO LTE ROM on your HTC Evo 4G LTE. Share with us if you have any query, we will try to find a solution for the same.