CyanogenMod are free community build custom ROM for Android devices. They are most preferred because they are fully ripped and bloatware free that makes them fast and light on battery. Now, Galaxy SIII users can enjoy CM9 ROM on their phone, this is a official nightly build. There are few bugs like FM Radio not working, HD Voice is not supported, even the camera is not working. I think this issues will be resolved very soon.
Warning: The methods and steps mentioned in this article are considered to be risky and they may damage you phone completely for which, neither we nor the developer should be held liable or responsible.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Samsung Galaxy S3. Do not try the methods and steps mentioned in this article on any other phone or any other model Samsung.
- You should have installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% or more charge with your device, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all essential data’s on your phone, as there are chances of them getting lost during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in Samsung Galaxy S3 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to Install CyanogenMod ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3:
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together for few seconds until the screen turns on.
Step2: Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. To do so, select “Backup and Restore” and then select “Backup” again and wait until the backing up process finishes. Now, go back to main recovery menu after backup has completed.
Step3: Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the extracted and downloaded ROM file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step4: Reboot your phone and then flash the Google Apps Package in the same way as you’ve flashed the ROM file above.
Step5: When all the installation process has completes, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot your system now” to reboot your phone and land into newly installed Ultimatum ROM on your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the CyanogenMod 9 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3. Share your views with us or if you face any problem, we here to help you always.