HTC One X has got Jelly Bean ported to it. Google launched Android 4.1 in I/O even just a day ago and released it for Galaxy Nexus. Now, developers have ported it to HTC One X and its working fine. This is a SDK port, and few bugs are expected as its not compiled from the base and do not has the drivers. Wi-Fi, Audio and camera are not working. If you still want to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X then go ahead we have created a detailed tutorial for you.
Warning: This article is only meant for educational purpose. Neither we nor the developer should be held liable or responsible for any damage caused to your phone in the process of following the methods and procedures mentioned in this article.
Alert: Since this is an SDK port, it is only and only for preview purposes. The only reason you should try it out is if you want to see Jelly Bean running on your One X. This ROM is very unstable and is not fit for daily use.
- Please try the methods and steps mentioned in this article only on HTC One X. Trying the methods mentioned in this article on any other device or any other model of HTC may produce may produce un-foreseen situations.
- You should have unlocked the Bootloader and also have installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC One X.
- There should be at least 70% or more charge with your device, so that you do not face any Power interruption issues.
- Please backup your valuable data’s on the phone, to assure that you do not lose any data during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC One X from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the ROM and Flash_Boot.zip from here to your computer. Copy the ROM downloaded zip to the root directory of your phone’s SD card without extracting and Extract the Flash_Boot.zip file to a convenient location on the computer. Also download HTC Sync and install it on your computer to install the required drivers for your HTC One X; however you can skip this download if you have already installed HTC Sync on your PC.
Procedure to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X:
Step1: Open the “jellybean_endeavoru_tgascoigne.zip” file from the computer you’ve downloaded and extracted. Extract the “boot.img” file and copy it to the folder where you have extracted the “Flash-Boot.img” file.
Step2: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Bootloader Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together for few seconds. Then, select “FASTBOOT” from the Menu displaying.
Step3: Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step4: Go to the folder where you have extracted the zip file. Now, double-click the “flash-boot-windows.bat” file for installing.
Step5: Now, press the power button on the phone to select BOOTLOADER, then navigate to the RECOVERY option and select it using the power button to boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
Step6: Select “Wipe data/factory reset” then select “mounts and storage” then select “format system”. After the format is complete, go back to the main Recovery Menu.
Step7: Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the “jellybean_endeavoru_tgascoigne.zip” file from the SD card you’ve placed.
Step8: When the installation has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and land into newly installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your phone.
That’s it you have successfully installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC One X. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem while installing this ROM we are committed to help you in all possible ways.