Kindle Fire is a great device, we have recently told about the top 5 ROM that can make it a better Android Tablet. XDA dev member has Hyperrunner has introduced a CM9 ICS AOKP build for Kindle Fire that is working fine and yet no bugs has been reported. CyanogenMod are most preferred ROM by Android users who root their device. CynogenMod are basically AOKP based ROM that are ripped off to give performance and better battery life. This is a unofficial CyanogenMod 9 firmware so bugs are expected.
Warning/Alert: The information in this post is meant for instructional purpose. Use them at your own risk, neither Tips4Droid nor the developer would liable for any damage caused to your phone in the process of following the below mentioned methods steps.
- The methods and Steps discussed herein should only be applied on Amazon Kindle Fire. Trying this firmware on any other device may produce undesired results and may also lead in mal-functioning of your device. You will need to root Kindle Fire and Install recovery.
- Please charge your device so that at least 70% charge is there with it, to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- It is essential to backup all data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Amazon Kindle Fire from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download Latest version of Simple CM9 ROM for your Kindle Fire from here to your computer. Extract the same and place it in the root directory of your device’s SD card.
Procedure to flash the Simple CM9 custom ROM on Amazon Kindle Fire:
- Reboot your to enter in the TWRP Recovery. To do so, press the Power button for a while until you see a yellow triangle on the screen. Once you see the yellow triangle again press the Power button to enter in to TWRP recovery.
- You can create a NANDROID backup of your existing ROM, so that you can revert the same whenever needed.
- Now, select “wipe data/factory reset” for wiping the data on your phone.
- Go back to the main of Recovery Mode, select “install” and then choose the “simple CM9 zip” file that you’ve copied on the SD card of your device.
- After the installation has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your Tablet.
- When the tablet boots up, either launch the Google Play Store or the Gmail app to login in to your Google Account. The setup wizard will not appear when the new ROM has booted up.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Simple CM9 custom ROM on your Amazon Kindle Fire. Share with us if you have any issue, we will try to resolve the issue and provide you a solution for the same.