Samsung Galaxy SII can now experience Jelly Bean Android on their device. CyanogenMod 10 has been ported to Galaxy SII based on latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS. We have already reported about CM10 build for AT&T Galaxy SII Skyrocket and Samsung Captivate. XDA recognized developer codeworkx has released the Official CM10 build. He has already reported about some bugs as the ROM is still in beta stage. CyanogenMod team is resolving the issue and you can expect a full working Jelly Bean Build for Galaxy S2 i9100G within few weeks.
Cyanogemod is released based on Android 4.1.1 AOKP kang project codes. Still it has some bugs that need to be resolved. The ROM mentioned here is pre-view version only. We will not suggest to install it for normal users.
Warning: Installing custom ROM requires rooting your device which voids warranty.
1. Backup all essential data from your device including apps and apps data using Titanium Backup.
2. Charge your device to atleast 60%
3. Enable USB debugging.
How to install CM10 on Samsung Galaxy SII i9100G using CWM recovery:
1. Download both ROM and Gapps zip file and transfer to root of your SD card.
2. Switch off the phone and reboot into recovery mode. Press Volume up+ Home + power button together for 10 seconds until CWM recovery appears.
3. select “Wipe Cache/factory reset” and confirm. you will need to highlight the option using Volume rocker and select using power button.
4. Now, select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”. select the ROM zip file and confirm to install. It will take few minutes for ROM to install.
5. Use the same process to install the Jelly bean apps file.
6. Once done select “Go Back” and then “reboot system now”.
The phone will reboot and you will get the new CyanogenMod 10 Bootscreen and UI on Galaxy S2. Enjoy Jelly Bean experience.