Titanium Backup is one of the great cause to root your device. You can backup all apps with their data to install they at any time later when you wipe your device. Rooting is a great advantage that give access to some added privileges with your Android device. Once rooted, either you can install a custom ROM or a custom Firmware but this need to wipes all the data and apps from your device. With Titanium Backup you can save all your apps to a single zip file and restore it latest with their data and settings.
Warning: This Guide requires a rooted Android device. Please understand that Rooting voids warranty and we should be not held responsible in any circumstances
- Ensure that you have rooted your device. This Titanium Backup does not work without rooting your device. Actually TiBu is used to verify the root of the device. If root access is available on your device then only you can launch this application.
- Provide passage for the installation of non-market applications and then turn on the USB Debugging. Then, you need to follow the path – “Menu > settings > Applications > check the Unknown sources”. Now, select ‘Development’ and check the Debugging option.
- Update all your applications from Android Market, Amazon App Market or any other source.
How to change Preferences of Titanium Backup to get it ready:
- Now, open TiBu and press Menu > Preferences.
- Check the box next to ‘Auto-sync TB settings’. Just to ensure that your preferences will be saved after a factory reset.
- Also, scroll down to ‘Max backup history’ and change the value so you always retain your 3 backups as a minimum.
How to Backup apps using Titanium Backup
- On the main screen, press Menu > Batch.
- In the Backup section, you should press the Run button next to the option list as ‘Backup all user apps + system data’. This ensures you have backup of all the file if not then run it. The process will take around 8-10 minutes to complete depending upon the speed of your device and numbers of apps you have currently installed.
- It is recommended to take the backup of your apps before applying any new ROM and also perform the ‘wipe data / factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’. You can also verify your backups by pressing Menu > Batch > Verify all backups > select the ‘Run the batch operation’ button at the screen top.
How to Restore Apps after Factory Reset using Titanium Backup
- After applying factory reset, many users are looking forward to bypass the Android Market and restore their previous apps through TiBu. To making it actually happens, you need to open TiBu and follow the path Menu > Batch > then select RUN, which is next to entry in the restore section labelled ‘Restore missing apps with data’.
- When the next screen appears, select the radial button, which is located next to ‘App+Data’ button. Visit the list and check the box against every apps you want to restore. Then, press the ‘Run the batch operation’ button.
How to Restore Application Data and Settings using Titanium Backup
- Here, you will get app data back for many applications if not then, for the most of the apps you are using. For this open TiBu and press Menu > Batch > Run, next to ‘Restore all apps with data’.
- When the Next screen appears, select the radial button.
- Please make sure that you have paid attention to the text colour of the items on the list because Colours are important in this process. E.g :- Green – system apps saying you are safe to restore, White – Users Apps, Red – Cause to pause and info about system apps which is not safe to restore. Sometimes you need to restore your email application even though it is red. You should have taken Nandroid Backup before attempting this process as it may cause system instability.
- Select the apps to restore and press the button, which is labelled ‘Run the batch operation’.