Superlite ROM are mostly like the CleanROM that are build for performance and do not contain Bloatware and extra apps. Superlite Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is build by XDA senior member vincom. The ROM is based on latest CyanogenMod Codes and tested for stability and performance. The ROM is deodexed and zipaligned beside that there are many tweaks to enhance the performance and battery backup. You will be getting all the CyanogenMod Jelly Bean features and interface and no other Samsung or 3rd party Bloatware. There are lots of features and customized Google apps available for Superlite ROM. We have detailed the steps to install the ROM below:
- Let’s begin the installation process with backup your apps, data and settings on your device as for your information the flashing process is going to wipe every data from your device. So, it is recommended to backup your bookmarks, Wi-Fi, contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, images, videos, music, MMS settings and APN settings etc.
- About 60 – 70% of battery life is required for the accomplishment of this process. You have to make sure that the device won’t turn off in between the updating process otherwise it won’t be starting again.
- You need to disable the security suites such as antivirus or firewall from your Computer and device to make it sure that it won’t interrupt in between the process.
- Your AT&T Skyrocket must be rooted and CWM recovery must be installed on it. To check whether your device is rooted or not you need to use an application called ‘Root Checker’.
- The USB Debugging option must be enabled on your AT&T device. To make it happen you need to follow this path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
Latest version of ROM [Download]
Google Apps package [Download]
Install CM10 Lite on AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket:
Step 1. Assuming that you have followed every instruction very carefully which are mentioned under Pre-Requisite and also downloaded the zip files from the above links provided.
Step 2. Now, connect your Galaxy S2 device to the Computer via USB data cable and then you need to place both the downloaded zip package to the root of your SD card.
Step 3. Once you have done with that you need to switch off your device to enter into CWM recovery mode simply by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for few seconds until the recovery screen appears on the.
Step 4. When you get into the recovery menu, you need to perform a Nandroid Backup for your existing ROM. This will ensure you that if anything goes wrong than you can restore the ROM back to your device.
Step 5. Then, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache’ options to wipe all your cache data. Then, you are also required to select ‘wipe Dalvik cache’ under Advance menu to clear the cache from your device.
Step 6. Then, you need to select ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Then, browse into the SD card and select the CM10 Lite ROM update package to flash it on your device. Wait until the process gets completed which will take around 7-8 minutes to complete.
Step 7. Once again, you need to repeat the process for installing Google Apps. All you need here is gapps-jb-20120811.zip file instead of ROM package. So, you must select the Google Apps package to flash it on your on AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
Step 8. Then, select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option to return in main menu and reboot your device by choosing the ‘reboot system now’.