Eternity Project CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean is new custom Android 4.1 JB custom firmware for HTC One X. If you are an HTC One X owner and do not want to wait for Official firmware update that can take months then go ahead and root HTC One X. Once rooted your can install custom ROM based on latest Android Jelly Bean. XDA dev forum member kholk has introduced Eternity Project Jelly bean ROM for HT One X. This ROM is based on AOKP CyanogenMod 10 latest build and working fine on One X. The ROM is stable and has tweaks and optimization to make it fast and have a fluid butter smooth UI. There are some minor bugs that will be resolved very soon. Here is the detailed process to install the ROM on HTC One X.
- First of all you need to enable the USB Debugging on your HTC One X. The simplest way to do this is navigate to ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and turn on the USB Debugging option.
- You need to charge your device battery to at least 70% to ensure that it won’t turn off during the installation. If your device turns off in between the process than your device may have to face a situation in which your device won’t respond ever and you have to visit the service center.
- You are need to disable the antivirus or firewall from your Computer and Galaxy device respectively to avoid the problems may cause due to interruption during the installation of CM10 on your Tab. As the security will not allow the passage for installation.
- Take the required steps to backup the data, apps and settings of your Galaxy device such as SMS, Contacts, Images, Audios, Videos, Call Logs, Bookmarks, Wi-Fi, APN as well as MMS settings etc as this process is going to wipe them all from your Galaxy Tab.
- Also, make sure that you have downloaded and installed the HTC One X USB Drivers on your Computer so that it can easily be detected by your Computer.
HTC One X USB Drivers [Download]
Android 4.1.1 CM10-EPRJ ROM [Download]
Google Apps [Download]
Eternity Project Kernel 3.4 [Download]
Install CM10 Android 4.1 EPRJ Jelly Bean Custom ROM on HTC One X
Step 1. Pretending that you have followed all the instructions mentioned under Pre-Requisite properly. Now, you need to connect and mount your HTC One X mass memory on your Computer via USB data cable.
Step 2. Then, you need to place the downloaded CM10 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root of your SD card.
Step 3. As you have already downloaded the ‘Eternity Project Kernel 3.4’ from above mentioned link. Then, extract the same to your Computer to a single folder. From the extracted folder, you need to launch EXECTE_ME.bat file for installing Kernel file.
Step 4. After that you need to switch off your HTC device to get into the bootloader/fastboot mode by pressing and holding two button combination – Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for few seconds until it boots into the recovery. For that you need to follow the navigation instruction appears on the screen. Then, select BOOTLOADER to enter into RECOVERY.
Step 5. In the ClockworkMod recovery, you need to select ‘install zip from SD card’ and again select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to browse in SD card to select the CM10 ROM zip file. Confirm the installation by saying ‘Yes – Install_____.zip’ on the next screen.
Step 6. Once again repeat the installation process by replacing the ROM zip file with Google Apps package.
Step 7. After the completion of the installation process, select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option to return in main menu and then select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your HTC One X.