As the name suggest CleanROM is a bloatware less and TouchWiz less version of official firmware. Galaxy Note 10.1 is a new device and thus not much custom ROMs are available online. Developers are trying to port Jelly Bean to Note 10.1 but you will need to wait for few weeks. Right now, CleanROM is the best ROM [Clean ROM are from well known developers and known for performance- CleanROM is also available for other HTC and Samsung devices] for you if you are looking forward to increase the speed and fluidity of your Note 10.1. There are lots of Crap apps and Bloatwares packed with Official ROM that makes it slow, developers has tried to eliminate most of the apps and mde the ROM light by Deoxdizing and Zip aligned. Based on the latest XXALG5 firmware [Android 4.0.4 IceCream Sandwich], the ROM supports S-Pen. Its pre rooted ROM with Nova launcher and optional TouchWiz launcher. More than 200MB of Crap apps have been removed that has made ROM super fast and fluid. Check out the download and installation instruction below:
- Here you need to backup the data, apps and settings of your Galaxy Note 10.1 which you will required later to restore them back to its initial state. There are few data that I like to suggest in order to backup are SMS, Contacts, Images, Audios, Videos, Call Logs, Wi-Fi, Bookmarks, APN as well as MMS settings etc.
- You are required to enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy Note 10.1. You can do it by navigate to ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and turn on the USB Debugging option.
- You need to charge your device battery to minimum 70% just to ensure that it won’t turn off during the flashing procedure. If your device turns off in between the process than your have to face some serious issues such as your device will no longer be able to start by its own.
- You are also required to disable the security suites such as antivirus or firewall from your Galaxy Note and Computer respectively to avoid the interruption can cause during the installation by them such as the security will not allow the passage for installation.
- Also, make sure that your Galaxy Note 10.1 has been rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
CleanRom V1.0 ROM [Download]
Update your Galaxy Note 10.1 with CleanRom V1.0:
Step 1. Now, assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned under Pre-Requisite and also downloaded the zip package from the link provided. Now, you need to connect your Computer via USB data cable and then place the downloaded ROM package to the root of your SD card.
Step 2. Then you need to turn off your Galaxy device to enter into the CWM recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for few seconds until it gets into the recovery.
Step 3. In the ClockworkMod recovery, you need to select ‘install zip from SD card’ and again select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to browse in SD card to select the ROM zip package file. Confirm the installation of ROM by saying ‘Yes – Install_____.zip’ on the next screen.
Step 4. After the completion of the installation process, select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option to return in main menu and then select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your Galaxy Note 10.1.