T-Mobile Galaxy SII owners who are looking for a stable Jelly Bean custom ROM can now install AOKP ROM. Kang Project member Whitehawkx has introduced a Jelly Bean build of Kang project that is working fine and fluid on Galaxy SII. T-Mobile Galaxy SII T989. The ROM is working fine as most of the things like Camera, call, data, WI-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth are working. Developers have recently reported that Netflix and Camera apps have been fixed. We have recently updated about an Unofficial AOKP Jelly bean ROM for T-Mobile Galaxy SII.
Warning: The methods and steps mentioned in this article are considered to risky. Therefore, please read the article carefully before proceeding, as neither we nor the developer will be responsible for any damages caused to your phone.
- This article is only meant for the users who own T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Make sure you have installed ClockworkMod recovery or any other custom recovery on your phone before proceeding with this article.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the Latest Version of the ROM, Google Apps Package, SGH-T989_DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip and SGH-T989_DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE.zip from here to your computer. Place all the downloaded files to the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to install AOKP ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume up + Volume down + Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
Step2: You can perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM so that you can revert the same whenever you want. To do so, go to “Backup and Restore” and on the next screen select “Backup” again. A backup will be created in few seconds of your existing ROM.
Step3: Now, from the main recovery menu select “wipe data/facatory reset” then select “Yes” on the next screen that follows to confirm your action. (Wiping will not erase data’s on the SD card.)
Step4: Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” then choose the “SGH-T989_DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip” file you placed on the SD card.
Step5: When the installation has completed, flash the Google Apps package as you have flashed the ROM file in the previous step.
Step6: After the installation procedure has completed, flash the “SGH-T989_DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE.zip” file in the same way as you have flashed the ROM file.
Step7: Next, when the installation has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” then select “reboot your system” to reboot your phone.
That’s it you have successfully installed the official AOKP Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2. Share you views with us or let us know if you face any issue, we will try to resolve the same by the best possible way out.