Kindle Fire has already got many Jelly Bean ROM, here we are with another Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based MIUI ROM for Amazon Kindle Fire tablet. MIUI ROM are most preferred ROM after CyanogenMod ROMs. MIUI ROM houses a interesting status bar, home brewed apps, MIUI launcher, music, contact, messages, privacy protection and theme manager. MIUI’s latest ROM is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. You will be getting all the Jelly Bean feature but the ROM is still in beta stage so few bugs are expected. Right now, few bugs known are screenshots not working and Long pressing edit text causes a hot reboot. with all this minor bugs the ROM is stable and working fine. check out the installation process below.
- In order to install MIUI ROM on Kindle Fire, the first thing you need to do is to create a backup of apps, data and settings which includes call logs, contacts, SMS, MMS, APN settings, MMS settings, Wi-Fi passwords, images, videos, music etc because during the flashing process data are goings to be wipe out.
- The USB Debugging option must be enabled on your Kindle Fire which you can do by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
- You must charge your device battery to at least 80% before starting the flashing process as lot of it are going to use in this process if somehow it gets turn off in between the process than you might not be able to start your device again.
- You must disable the security suites antivirus from your Kindle fire as well as from computer in order to avoid the security issues.
- Ensure that you have custom recovery installed such as TWRP recovery.
Install Kindle Fire MIUI ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Step 1. You need to download the latest version of ROM from XDA source web page.
Step 2. After downloading the latest ROM, you need to place the zip file to the root of the sd card.
Step 3. Then, you need to boot into the TWRP recovery for which you have to turn off the Kindle Fire and then press the Power button to turn it on and then look for the triangle shape on your screen. When it appears press the Power button again to enter into TWRP recovery.
Step 4. Here, you need to create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. Later, this will help you in restoring it from the recovery mode if you don’t like this update. You can perform this through select Backup and Restore > Backup on next screen.
Step 5. Then, you need to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and again select ‘Wipe Cache partition’ to clear all the cache from your device.
Step 6. Again from recovery, you need to select ‘install zip from sd card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sd card’ to browse into the SD card and select the placed zip file from there.
Step 7. Select the ‘reboot system now’ option to reboot your Kindle Fire with MIUI ROM installed on it.