Many Samsung phones got Android Jelly Bean custom ROM in the previous month but HTC phones are not attracting too many of developers. HTC One X and One S are the only devices that are running Jelly Bean custom ROM now and that too are not much stable. We are here with a good news for HTC Incredible S owners that now they can install Jelly Bean on their phone. You just need to root your HTC Incredible S and install custom recovery. A xda developers recognized member has released a Nik Jelly Bean Evolution ROM for Incredible S. The ROM is created using the latest AOKP codes and CM10 kernel. Dev has deodexed and zipaligned the ROM for performance and there are few other features you can check below. There are few issues with tethering and camera that will be resolved very soon. This is the best Jelly Bean ROM you can have right now on your HTC Incredible S.
Features of Nik Jelly Bean Evolution Android 4.1 ROM for HTC Incredible S
- Android 4.1.1 latest AOKP codes
- CM10 CyanogenMod Kernel
- Prerooted, Superuser & Busybox preinstalled
- Deodexed and Zipaligned
- Built in performance/init.d configuration
- Advance Power Menu
- Brightness Slider On Status Bar – Yes Its In There
- AOKP Jelly Bean Wallpapers
- Mute Camera Sounds
- AOKP Statistics
- Battery Bar
- Expandable Volume Panel
- LED Options
- Clock Location: Right, Center, Disable
- Battery Icon: CircleMod, Bar, Text Only, Icon Only, Icon+Text or None
- 15 Toggles: Auto rotate, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, Vibrate, Silent, Sync, Data, 4G, Tethering, Torch, Brightness
- You will need to unlock bootloader and root your HTC Incredible S and install ClockworkMod.
- You need to create backup for the following data which is necessary before starting the updating process to restore the data back after the process. Here are the required items – SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Audios, Images, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS settings etc.
- Minimum battery requirement for the successful completion of the process is around 70%. Below this level of battery may lead to process break in between.
- Please ensure that you have currently uninstalled or disabled the anti-virus / firewall from your HTC device and Computer respectively.
- USB Debugging option on your HTC Sensation must be enable through the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
How to Install Jelly Bean on HTC Incredible S:
Step 1: Download the above mentioned zip files on your computer or Phone and transfer to SD card.
Step 2: Turn off you Incredible S and again boot it into recovery mode.
Step 3: Once in the recovery mode select to “Clear Cache/Factory reset”. Confirm to go ahead.
Step 4: Now, select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”, select the ROM zip file.
Step 5: Confirm to go ahead and install the zip file. Now follow the same procedure for Jelly Bean Google apps.
Step 6: Once you have install both zip successfully select “Go Back” and then “Reboot the system”.
Great! you have successfully installed Jelly Bean on Incredbile S. The phone will reboot and you will get the Jelly Bean boot animation.