Touch based recovery are on high and almost all high end smartphones are getting recovery mode operated by touch. There is already Touch recovery for ClockWorkMod and TWRP. These touch based recovery do not need to be operated by volume button and power button. You can use the simple touch interface to do everything. XDA recognized developer nickiberli has bought up EXT4 UI touch recovery with cool interface and lots of features for HTC devices. Here is a review of features and installation process.
Update: 4EXT recovery and recovery control has been updated by developers and now there are more features and a stable recovery competitive to ClockWorkMod touch. Developer has also tweeted that 4EXT recovery will have some extended features and will be coming to HTC One and Evo series. Beside that some more devices like Galaxy Nexus and Samsung Galaxy SIII will be getting the newer 4EXT. 4EXT touch recovery has Compatibility upgrade and thus working with Jelly Bean. There are lots of bug fixes and overhauls that I cannot list now. Now, you can more easily flash the latest version of recovery for your device using the control app.
[box type="note"]EXT4 touch Recovery for HTC devices (HTC Sensation/XE, Incredible S, Incredible 2, Desire Z, Desire G2, Desire, Desire HD, Inspire 4G, myTouch 4G, Nexus One, Thunderbolt, Evo 3D GSM/CDMA)[/box]
- brand new UI: “4EXT UI”: Sleek user interface with changeable color etc.
- touchscreen based recovery
- easy to use and extremely fast operation
- Save space by configuring recovery to exclude /cache from backups
- Save space by excluding dalvik-cache from backups
- Preempt space needed to complete a backup before processing.
- detects your local time zone
- correct time is used for backups you start from within recovery
- allows you to change md5sum check behavior
- displays and updates your current battery level in real time
- scrollable text history (drag down the status bar)
- built-in interactivity (yes/no questions) for updater-scripts
- built-in screenshot functionality
- Extensive UI changes using themes: capabilities!
- “worker bar”: create your own custom animations, there are (nearly) no limits! Use any shapes/sizes/animations
- Extra low CPU needed for that: absolutely no negative impact on backup/restore speed.
- Async UI rendering for optimal performance for the “heavy tasks” like backup/restore
- Backups even faster than with usual recoveries.
[box type="tick"]Ext4 touch recovery works on following HTC devices:[/box]
- HTC Sensation
- HTC sensation XE
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Incredible 2
- HTC Desire
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC Desire S
- HTC Desire z
- HTC Desire G2
- HTC Inspire 4G
- HTC myTouch 4G
- Nexus One
- HTC Thunderbolt
- HTC Evo 3D Gsm/cdma
[box type="info"]How to install 4EXT Touch Recovery on your HTC device:[/box]
- You will need a HTC device that is compatible, check the list above. You would need to root the device and unlock the bootloader.
- You would need to download the Free version or the paid version of the app from the sources mentioned below:
- Launch the app and Tap on “install”. It will automatically download your chosen version and flash it straight to your device. (This one is much like the CWM ROM manager). One of the safest methods to flash recovery since it automatically verifies md5 checksums prior to flashing.
- There are all normal modes available on custom Recovery like delete cache/factory reset, backup ROM, flash a ROM. The paid version has more advanced tool built in.
[button link="http://www.4ext.net/get.php?apk" style="download" color="green"]4EXT Recovery Updater[/button] [button link="https://market.android.com/details?id=ext.recovery.control" style="download" color="blue"]4EXT Recovery Control[/button]
I would suggest you to install the paid version. This does not just pay the developers but will get you some extra advanced features. Advanced backup and restore, and few other special features.
[ilink url="http://tips4droid.com/how-to-backup-apps-on-android-using-fileexpert-works-without-root/" style="note"]Backup Android [/ilink]